Rodgers & Associates works to help high net worth individuals have a more efficient retirement plan, in ways reflected in these newsletters. If you enjoy what you find, please consider signing up for future issues through the form on the right. We will only use your e-mail for sending you these newsletters.
April 24, 2013 Follow the Rules When Rolling Over Your Pension to an IRA
April 17, 2013 Can You Eliminate Your State’s Estate or Death Tax?
April 10, 2013 Teaching Your Children and Grandchildren the Basics of Money
April 3, 2013 What You Need to Know About IRA Withdrawals
March 27, 2013 Options for Investing Your IRA
March 20, 2013 Hardship Withdrawals – What are the Real Costs?
March 13, 2013 9 Ways to Beat the Medicare Surtax – Part 3
March 6, 2013 9 Ways to Beat the Medicare Surtax – Part 2
February 27, 2013 9 Ways to Beat the Medicare Surtax – Part 1
February 20, 2013 Ten Tips for Avoiding Charitable Scams
February 13, 2013 Five Strategies for High Income Earners to Deal with the New Tax Rules
February 6, 2013 Finding the Winners and Losers in the New Estate Tax Laws
January 30, 2013 Social Security Basics
January 23, 2013 7 Tips for Shopping for Insurance
January 16, 2013 Understanding the Impact of Consumer Confidence on the Markets
January 9, 2013 What the Fiscal Cliff Fix Means to You
January 2, 2013 Avoiding the Tax Penalty If You Take Early Retirement
December 26, 2012 The Fiscal Cliff and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
December 19, 2012 Reducing Taxes on an Inherited IRA
December 12, 2012 Dealing with Capital Gains in Taxable Accounts
November 28, 2012 Strategies to Manage the Taxation of Social Security
November 21, 2012 What Investors Considering Dividend Producing Investments Need to Know
November 7, 2012 After the Election – Now What?
October 31, 2012 Understand and Plan for the New Medicare Tax
October 24, 2012 Hedge Funds – Are They Right for You?
October 10, 2012 Lump Sum or Annuity – What You Need to Know
October 3, 2012 It’s Time to Review Your Trust!
September 26, 2012 Preserving Your Income Stream Through Retirement – Part Three
September 19, 2012 Preserving Your Income Stream Through Retirement – Part Two
September 12, 2012 Preserving Your Income Stream Through Retirement – Part One
September 5, 2012 Are Bonds Still a Good Investment if Interest Rates Go Up?
August 29, 2012 Does Your Retirement Plan Guarantee Higher Taxes in the Future?
August 22, 2012 Should You Buy Pet Insurance?
August 15, 2012 Three Key Financial Moves When Alzheimer’s Disease is Suspected
August 8, 2012 8 Principles of Preparing for Retirement – Part 3
August 1, 2012 8 Principles of Preparing for Retirement – Part 2
July 25, 2012 8 Principles of Preparing for Retirement – Part 1
July 18, 2012 Passing on Your Home as Part of Your Estate Plan
July 11, 2012 Medicare 101 – The Basics You Need to Know!
June 27, 2012 What to Do When a Relative Passes Away
May 16, 2012 What You Need to Know About Life Annuities
April 25, 2012 6 Reasons to File an Amended Tax Return
April 11, 2012 Retirement Guidelines for Federal Government Employees
April 4, 2012 8 Keys to Help Audit Proof Your Tax Return
March 21, 2012 Estate Planning Considerations – Part 2 of 3
March 14, 2012 Happy Three Year Anniversary!
February 29, 2012 10 Ways You Can Avoid Penalties on Early IRA Withdrawals
February 22, 2012 The Dangers of Rolling Your Company Stock Into an IRA
February 15, 2012 It Takes Planning to Reduce Your Medicare Premiums
February 8, 2012 Act Now to Prepare For Upcoming Tax Changes
February 1, 2012 Planning for Rising Tax Rates Using After-Tax Accounts
January 25, 2012 Older Americans Are Putting Off Retirement
January 18, 2012 The Ins and Outs of Mutual Fund Taxation
January 11, 2012 What You Need to Know About Annuities
January 4, 2012 Emergency Fund – What It Is and Why You Need It
December 28, 2011 Stay in Control of Your Retirement Savings
December 21, 2011 Do You Hold Title Correctly for Your Real Estate?
December 14, 2011 Don’t Throw Away Your Legacy!
December 7, 2011 Thinking of Paying Off Your Mortgage Before You Retire?
November 30, 2011 Act Fast to Avoid a Shrinking Lump Sum Payout
November 23, 2011 5 Things You Should Do To Prepare for Retirement
November 16, 2011 Weathering the Storm Before Disaster Hits
November 9, 2011 How to Gain Control over the Cost of Your Long-Term Care Insurance
November 2, 2011 You Might Need to ‘Undo’ Your Roth Conversion – Here’s Why and How
September 16, 2011 Newsletter
August 12, 2011 Newsletter
July 20, 2011 Newsletter
- Tax-Efficient Planning with an Inefficient Tax Code
- Understanding Off-Exchange Private Shares
- When Is Your Beneficiary Not Your Beneficiary?
May 20, 2011 Newsletter
April 26, 2011 Newsletter
- Become a Professional Trader
- Real Estate in Your Retirement Account
- How to Protect Your Home While on Vacation
April 1, 2011 Newsletter
- TRA 2010 – Individual Implications
- Planning Under the Tax Relief Act of 2010
- Federal Estate Tax
- Additional Tax Benefits for Individuals
- Common Retirement Mistakes
- One Year Before Retirement – Will You Be Ready?
- Is Gold the Next Bubble?
- Only Three Months Left to Get Your Finances in Order
- Healthcare Reform Surprise
- Hold Off on Your Required Minimum Distribution
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
- The Gift of Roth
- Beware of Bond Funds
- A Better Bond Strategy
- How to Invest in a Tax-Efficient Way
- Case Study: Joe Mitchell – Investor
- Tax-Efficient Types of Funds
- Review Your Portfolio
- What You Should Know About Asset Allocation in Taxable, Tax-Deferred and Roth Accounts
- Tax-Related Pitfalls
- How You Save is Just as Important as How Much You Save
- The Accountant and Financial Adviser Need to Work Together
- The Tax Significance of Municipal Bonds and Their Risks
- The Original Three-Legged Stool – An Explanation
- Why a New Three-Legged Stool is Needed
- Why Shouldn’t Financial Advisers Act as Fiduciaries?
- Finding Money
- Are Roth IRAs Protected from Creditors?
- Convert Your IRA to a Roth Without Feeling the Tax Bite?
- Roth IRA or 401(k) – Which is Best?
- The Biggest Financial Planning Mistake? Not Having a Written Plan
- Twelve Months and Counting
- What Can We Learn from This?
- How Does An Asset Allocation Strategy Work?
- Borrowing Rules for Family Loans
- Explaining the Pro-Rata Rule for Roth Conversions
- Retiring Today – What Does It Mean for You?
- Roth Conversions and RMDs
- Paying Tax on a Roth Conversion
- The Ban on Roth Conversions Has Ended
- Will Inflation Return in 2010?
- Should You Pay the Tax in 2010 or Defer It?
- Looking Ahead to 2010
- Asset Allocation for Today
- Do You Have a Written Financial Plan?
- Tax Planning for 2010
- Bear Markets Are Your Friend
- Municipal Bonds = Tax-Free Income
- Charitable IRA Distributions
- Naming a Beneficiary for Your Roth IRA
- When Not to Convert to a Roth
- Tax Loss Harvesting
- Mutual Fund Taxation
- Roth Conversions in 2009
- Using ‘Green’ Tax Credits
Teaching Your Children and Grandchildren the Basics of Money